Typical Admission Criteria:
Undergraduate GPA 3.0 or above and a minimum of 50th percentile subscores for each of the General GRE categories.
Required undergraduate coursework:
- 2 semesters: General Biology/Microbiology, 100/200 level
- 2 semesters: Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology, 300/400 level
- 2 semesters: General Chemistry
- 2 semesters: Organic Chemistry
- 2 semesters: Physics
- 1 semester: Calculus or Statistics
How to apply:
- Submit application through University of Hawaii at Manoa Office of Graduate Education website at: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/submitting-your-application/
- Please request that a copy of your official transcripts be sent to:
Spalding Hall, Room 354
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
- The General GRE is required and our Institution Code is 4867.
- International Applicants must take the TOEFL Exam. Institution Code is 4867.
- Submit the following materials through Supplemental materials: https://documentupload.manoa.hawaii.edu/upload/#/login
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of objectives
- Copy of GRE scores
- Copy of transcript(s) Unofficial is adequate, but official must be sent to Graduate Admissions before enrollment.
Information on application to the Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Program and downloadable application forms can be found at the University of Hawaii at Manoa Office of Graduate Education website at: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/prospective-students/
For in-person inquiries: the Office of Graduate Education is located at Spalding Hall, Room 354, University of Hawaii at Manoa.