The John A. Burns School of Medicine, as the Sponsoring Institution, follows ACGME Institutional Requirements and ensures that its ACGME-accredited programs are in substantial compliance with the Institutional, Common and specialty-specific Program Requirements and the ACGME Policies and Procedures.
GME Policies and Guidelines
- Annual Institutional Review (AIR) Guidelines
- Associate PD Guidelines
- Emergency Disaster Plan and Procedures
- Clinical Experience & Education Work Hours
- Educational Leave
- Eligibility, Promotion and Selection
- Evaluation of Residents
- Feedback Guidelines
- GMEC Special Review Process Guidelines
- Harassment, Discrimination, and Other Inappropriate Conduct
- Hearing, Grievance, & Administrative Procedures
- Letters of Recommendation Guidelines
- Physician Impairment Prevention and Wellness
- Program Committee Guidelines
- Reporting Concerns Guidelines
- Residents as Teachers
- Retreat Policy & Guidelines (please check with your Program Administrator for the most up to date form)
- Starting & Expanding Programs Guidelines
- Transfer of Resident
- Transitions of Care
- Vendor Interactions
For HRP or UHP employment-related policies, please refer to the HRP or UHP Employment Handbook and specific Resident/Fellow Appointment Agreements.
Additional information, policies and procedures related to Title IX, Gender Equity, Sexual Harassment, and Non-discrimination can be found on the JABSOM and the University of Hawaii Office of Title IX websites.
For any other questions relating to this page, please contact Crystal Costa via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide feedback related to GME anonymously, please click HERE.