The John A. Burns School of Medicine, as the Sponsoring Institution, follows ACGME Institutional Requirements and ensures that its ACGME-accredited programs are in substantial compliance with the Institutional, Common and specialty-specific Program Requirements and the ACGME Policies and Procedures.
GME Policies and Guidelines
- Annual Institutional Review (AIR) Guidelines
- Associate PD Guidelines
- Emergency Disaster Plan and Procedures
- Clinical Experience & Education Work Hours
- Clinical Competency Committee Guidelines
- Clinical Competency Committee Meeting Summary Template
- Educational Leave
- Eligibility, Promotion and Selection
- Evaluation of Residents
- Feedback Guidelines
- GMEC Special Review Process Guidelines
- Harassment, Discrimination, and Other Inappropriate Conduct
- Hearing, Grievance, & Administrative Procedures
- Letters of Recommendation Guidelines
- Physician Impairment Prevention and Wellness
- Program Committee Guidelines
- Reporting Concerns Guidelines
- Residents as Teachers
- Retreat Policy & Guidelines (please check with your Program Administrator for the most up to date form)
- Starting & Expanding Programs Guidelines
- Transfer of Resident
- Transitions of Care
- Vendor Interactions
Additional Helpful Forms:
For HRP or UHP employment-related policies, please refer to the HRP or UHP Employment Handbook and specific Resident/Fellow Appointment Agreements.
Additional information, policies and procedures related to Title IX, Gender Equity, Sexual Harassment, and Non-discrimination can be found on the JABSOMand the University of Hawaii Office of Title IX websites.
To provide feedback related to GME anonymously, please click HERE.
The University of Hawaiʻi is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability. Please email, email@example.com for accommodation requests or any other questions related to this page. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.