- Collaboration: Shared accomplishments in the spirit of partnership
- Diversity and Inclusion: Respect for the entire spectrum of human experience
- Excellence: Guiding all of our efforts in research, education, and service
- Innovation and Discovery: The generation, application, and transmission of new knowledge
- Pono: Integrity, morality, and equity, taking action to eliminate health disparities in the spirit of social justice
- Maika’i Loa: Attain Lasting Optimal Health for All (ALOHA).
- JABSOM, as part of the fabric of Hawai‘i, is a diverse learning community
committed to excellence and leadership in:
- Educating current and future healthcare professionals and leaders
- Delivering high-quality healthcare
- Conducting research and translating discoveries into practice
- Establishing community partnerships and fostering multidisciplinary collaboration
- Pursuing alliances unique to Hawaiʻi and the Asia-Pacific region
- Acting with forethought regarding right relationships, respect, and moral action — Pono.