Dec. 1: Hawaiʻi Sports practitioners invited to HOPE (Hawaiʻi Orthopaedic and Performance Education) meeting at the Stan
December 1st, 2017
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
The HOPE sports and performance meeting, in honor of the late Allen Richardson, is coming up! This meeting is all about getting your talented colleagues together and learning about sports medicine and performance topics. HOPE (Hawaiʻi Orthopaedic and Performance Education) is a nonprofit entity designed to bring Hawaiʻi sports practitioners together for free food, fun, education, CME and giving back to the community we live and thrive in. This event typically lasts for two hours and two CME credits are available.
The big difference with this December meeting is that we moved it to a Friday and you can invite your significant other to join. There will be ample room, open bar and food. Please RSVP to HOPEsportshawaii@gmail.com if you plan to attend.
Meeting at a Glance:
· Where: Stan Sheriff Center, UH Manoa campus, Ed Wong Hospitality Room, Basement Level of Stan Sheriff below ticket offices
· When: Friday, Dec 1st at 5:30 Dinner with agenda starting at 6 pm
· Introduction: Nick Crawford
· Guest Speaker: Lillian ‘Pokey’ Richardson
· AOSSM Update: Dr. Craig Bottoni, MD
· Introduction to AC Joint and Clavicle Hot Topics: Nick Crawford
– Management of in-season athletes.
– Non-operative treatment options (do they work and when)
– How long is the return from surgery?
– What’s new out there for surgical options?
· Panel it up:
o Byron Izuka, MD – Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
o Kanu Okike, MD – Trauma Orthopaedic Surgeon
o Craig Bottoni, MD – Sports Orthopaedic Surgeon
· Food and Beverages: Will be provided
· Parking: Will need to pay at the gate
This meeting is intended for all those involved with the care of Hawaiʻi athletes. That includes doctors of multiple specialties, nurses, physician assistants, residents, fellows, etc. If you would like to invite someone else, please reply to this email with his or her info. This meeting has a strict policy against potential bias. All rules must be followed regarding sponsorship and disclosures; any questions please feel free to contact Dr. S. Nick Crawford at <HOPEsportshawaii@gmail.com